Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine… Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery.
I am always on the go go go or in lazy mode but never once in between. Moments where I am absolutely still whilst awake are extremely rare and even if I am still there is probably a million and one thoughts stuck in traffic in my head on the verge of going road-rage crazy!! The idea of actually taking moments out of my day to stay put and clear my mind seems unimaginable. My zodiac sign sign [cancer] and my blood type personality [O negative] both agree that I am prone to high stress levels, I didn’t have to rely on the horoscope angle because my family history of medical conditions such as high blood pressure and heart decease did all the convincing. I need to get healthier, both physically and mentally. And apparently freezing time for 15-20 minutes will help me do just that. Being the Google Goddess that I am I go to work and it turns out that they are probably a trillion benefits of Meditation starting with probably the most obvious one: Its 100% free!
There were several benefits so I simply picked out the ones I found tres appealing and here we go yet another Upile list!!:
- It increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
- Reduces anxiety attacks by lowering the levels of blood lactate.
- Increases exercise tolerance.
- Decreases muscle tension
- Helps in chronic diseases like allergies, arthritis etc.
- Enhances the immune system.
- Drop in cholesterol levels, lowers risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Helps with weight loss
- Cures headaches and migraines
- Greater oderliness of Brain functioning
- Decreases ageing process
- Builds self-confidence
- Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behaviour.
- Helps focus and concentration
- Increased emotional stability
- React more quickly and effectively to stressful situations
- Decrease in potential mental illness
- Increases will power
- Less aggressiveness
- Improved learning ability and memory
- Helps cure insomnia
- Greater tolerance
- Decrease in worry and restless thinking
- Improves your personal relationships
- Helps living in the present moment
- Helps put things in perspective
- Provides peace of mind, happiness
- You grow wiser
- Creates a widening deepening capacity of love
- Experience a sense of ‘Oneness’
- Increased self-actualization
Now is it just me or does all this make you want to find a little corner and block the world out for 20 tops?
Starting tomorrow I am doing right by Buddha and myself and meditating. I used to pass up the opportunity to make myself healthier before,exercise because I was too lazy ,diets because I wasn’t disciplined enough but I think it is about time I turn the tables around and meditate! Join me.